Facade, a pop-up gallery on London Wall (the street, which is adjacent to the medieval brick barrier), “Open Wall” will exhibit the work of 32 contemporary artists in a large former bank office,”in the concrete jungle that is the financial epicentre of London”, a few minutes’ walk from Bank and Liverpool Street Stations. Exhibition from 26-28 February 2014, with late opening hours 26 and 27 February.
Group of creatives take over a bank in “Open Wall”
The third of a four-week programme of rolling exhibitions at Façade, artist and curator Blair Zaye in conjunction with Moderna Art and West Creative presents ‘Open Wall’ (26-28 February 2014), an open submission showcase of contemporary artists across all disciplines in a “rough and ready disused bank” in London’s financial district.
Previous exhibitions organised by Zaye at Facade include: Out of the Gutter (12-14 February 2014) which included 22 artists “spanning graffiti, street art and fine art”, and Middle Distance (19-21 February 2014) exhibiting artwork from four abstract artists, Kirtland Ash, Paul Freud (son of Lucian Freud), David Meekison and Blair Zaye.
“Open Wall” is the next showcase this month by Zaye, featuring 32 UK-based creative makers offering a broad variety of visual art including illustration, drawing, painting, and installation.
Click links to learn more about selected artists:
Abbey Watkins, Aiste Gureviciute, Barbara Bianchi, Bern Campbell, Blandine Martin, Brendon Treeby, Christina Crews, Christine Ames, Claire Pestaille, Daksha Amin, Emily Tull, Faten Hakimi, Fernando Irigoyen Garcia, Gemma Seddon, Giles Skerry, Katee Woods, Kelise Franclemont, Laura Anderson, Laura Victoria, Laura-Jay Meadows, Lizy Bending, Marian Medina-Cuesta, Monika Szynkielewska, Peter D’Alessandri, Rachel Wooller, Rafal Luczak, Robert Ford, Rosie Hearne, Samantha Payne, Sarah Fosse, Susie Summer Henderson, Violetta Liszka
More Links and information
- View/download promo flyer for ‘Open Wall’ at Facade, London Wall [PDF]
- Blair Zaye – artist and curator born in New Zealand, living and working in London, “I express the internal, ideas and beliefs of implicit society and culture, creating and uncovering utopian ideas, ideologies for a better self and society using social commentary which bares all.”
- West Creative – “…blurring the boundaries between strategic and creative thinking and in the process helping our clients deliver vibrant, engaging projects that empower individuals.”
- Moderna Art – Bristol-based organisation “providing nationwide gallery space” in over 34 locations in the UK, staging pop-up exhibitions, events and projects for contemporary artists and photographers.
- Next exhibition at Facade: “Bespoken” – solo exhibition of Blair Zaye’s work “Each painting in ‘Bespoken’ is a collection of documented foretold ideas from everyday life. …Challenging the viewer in an intellectual sense to stimulate internal confrontation and realisation.” On from 5 – 7 March 2014.
Exhibition details: ‘Open Wall’ is showing at Facade, 59 London Wall, City of London, London, EC2M 5TR from 26-28 February 2014. Free admission.
Wednesday 26th February, 2014
Exhibition Opening 18:00 – 21:00
Thursday 27th February, 2014
Open 13:00 – 21:00 (Late night viewing for West Creative’s 1st Birthday, 18:00-21:00)
Friday 28th February, 2014
Open 13:00 – 20:00
Reblogged this on MA Fine Art and commented:
Kelise Franclemont (MA Fine Art 2015, Chelsea) joins a group show at Facade Gallery, London Wall, London.
Reblogged this on ArtInMaking and commented:
Here Kelise Franclemont showcases the upcoming show far more eloquently than myself…