20 snapshots by gallery visitor Thomas Butler give a virtual tour of “Ruins of Time”, an exhibition by 13 British and German artists in the ambient Crypt Gallery beneath St Pancras Church, London. Ends 30 November 2015.
An exhibition from the perspective of a non-artist
A lot of the time when my husband and I attend an exhibition private view/opening together, if I’m showing work, he’ll end up taking camera duty so I can mingle. Naturally, Tom sees things very differently than I do; I often stick to documenting the exhibition whilst he tends to concentrate on capturing people and unusual close-ups of the art.
With that in mind, here’s a little walk-around of “Ruins of Time” seen through Tom’s eyes. Enjoy!
To see the show for yourself, I hope you’ll stop by The Crypt Gallery at St Pancras to see “Ruins of Time” before it ends 30 November 2015.
[Update 11/02/2016] If you missed seeing “Ruins of Time”, click the link to walk through the virtual tour here: https://vimeo.com/154992121 [Vimeo, duration 13:02 minutes]
Participating artists in “Ruins of Time” (25-30 November 2015) are:
Eleonora Bourmistrov, Sasha Bowles, Nicholas Cheeseman, Kelise Franclemont, Ruth Hentsch, Monika Kita, Anna Levy, Milena Michalski, Despina Olbrich-Marianou, Brigitte C. Reichl, Rosa Quint, Jonathan Slaughter, and Carin E. Stoller.
Curated by Eleonora Bourmistrov (project and LME), Milena Michalski (London), and Rosa Quint (Munich)
More links and information
- Read more about “Ruins of Time” and London-Munich Exchange: “‘Ruins of Time’ exhibition reflects on poetics and possibilities of historic architecture” on kelise72.com – 5 November 2015
- Click thumbnail to view/download e-flyer for “Ruins of Time” [JPG]:
- View/download ‘Ruins of Time’ exhibition guide [PDF]
- Find out more about “Ruins of Time” on the official website – The Crypt Gallery, St. Pancras – about, artist profiles, images, key dates, and more.
- View/download the Press Release for “Ruins of Time” [PDF]
- View/download “Ruins of Time” catalogue [PDF]
- Learn more about The Crypt Gallery at St. Pancras Church, London
- Review: Underground gallery becomes a dream vault – The Crypt Gallery, St Pancras, London – 18 February 2014 – Curator Stéphane Verlet-Bottéro proposes the Crypt Gallery beneath St Pancras Church as the site of a “collective dream” for 20 artists, who will use a variety of mediums (no pun intended) to explore the dimensions between art and the subconscious mind.
Exhibition details: “Ruins of Time” exhibition is open from 26-30 November 2015 at The Crypt Gallery, St Pancras Church, Euston Road, London NW1 2BA. Entrance on Duke’s Road, nearest tube: Euston and Euston Square. Free admission; access is not step-free.
Opening hours: 26-30 November 2015, 11:00 to 6:00PM
Private view: Wednesday 25 November 2015, 6:00 to 9:00PM
For further information, please contact Eleonora Bourmistrov at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Ruins of Time” is founded by London Munich Exchange [LME] and generously supported by the City of Munich Department of Arts and Culture.